LOMA's Retirement Education Program
Fellow, Secure Retirement Institute™
LOMA’s new Fellow, Secure Retirement Institute (FSRI) program is for industry professionals in the retirement space, designed specifically for those in asset management firms, insurance companies, distribution organizations, and recordkeeping companies. This comprehensive professional development curriculum covers the entire retirement planning and income marketplace and will help companies ensure that their employees have the knowledge and skills to:
- Support retirement plans and products
- Deliver effective service and solutions to clients and advisors
- Address the challenges and opportunities presented by the evolving retirement marketplace
The FSRI retirement education program enables learners to develop a solid understanding of the “what, why, and how” of the industry and provides an effective foundation for company-specific training. It presents a broad range of industry concepts and includes a variety of concrete examples. The FSRI program addresses the diverse viewpoints of retail and institutional marketplaces, public- and private-sector plans, tax issues, and asset accumulation and decumulation topics.
The FSRI program presents the following primary topics:
- The retirement environment, the retirement industry, and retirement savings and income needs
- Retirement plans/products and regulatory and tax issues
- Planning for retirement and management of retirement income
- Marketing, service, support, and other company operations associated with retirement financial services
- Key business and financial concepts that build a deeper understanding of the retirement industry
Program Achievement Levels
Level 1, Leading to the Certificate in Retirement Essentials
Level 1 provides an overview of the retirement marketplace and a strong foundation in retirement principles, plans/products, and planning.
Level 2, Leading to the Associate, Secure Retirement Institute Designation
Level 2 teaches advanced concepts in generating successful retirement outcomes and the application of retirement industry knowledge to marketing, business acquisition, administration and operations, service, and other functions that support the business.
Level 3, Leading to the Fellow, Secure Retirement Institute Designation
Level 3 delivers knowledge of broad challenges facing society and the retirement industry, as well as strategic approaches for meeting these challenges, to equip employees for problem solving, innovation, and advancement in their careers.